TextureThings™ for Pottery Making
Use PhotoPottery's TextureThings™ to add texture to the things you're making in clay! They're perfect for texturizing handbuilt and wheel thrown pottery pieces, from simple borders to intricate, unique designs.
Here, several TextureRings™ are pressed into stoneware that's just been rolled out.
TextureRings also work extremely well on already shaped pieces, like these bowls made on our plaster molds:
- While most TextureThings are made of bisqued low fire clay, some are made of pottery plaster. The material is noted for each product.
- TextureThings work best when clay is in the plastic state. However, pressing into clay just thrown on the wheel is not recommended, until it's setup and loses its sheen.
- Most work well on flat or rounded surfaces, particularly TextureRings which can be angled.
- TextureThings are comfortable tools, designed to be used repetitively.
- TextureThings are hand-made in the USA.